24 July 2008

The Buisness we call Show



In two weeks I've managed to pull a fairly cohesive show together.
(is anyone sick of hearing cohesive also? Thanks project runway.)
It all started with a phone call telling me that I was expected at
read through for a new play and that the actors would be available
for measurements. This was news to me. As far as I knew I had my
two jobs for the summer. So I went and read along about a group
of people who get stuck inside of book and have to answer a rather
wordy riddle in order to escape.
I kinda not so secretly hate theatre, but I like this one.
Apart for way too much $4.20 a gallon driving and shopping in Jefferson
Parish (which is like going to the Bronx for someone who never leaves
Chelsea. Not that I'd live in Chelsea.) I kinda finally got to design
some costumes. Yes, some shoes did not fit and there have been way too
many issues surrounding two pairs of trousers. I did get to make a
red calfskin cape and cover a tweed corset in antique lace. So it was cool.

No comments: