07 January 2008

Cloudless Chocolate House

Tea and bread balls before giraffe hunting


So, I'm here in Africa. Which is surreal. Masai tribes people on the roadside, tiny shacks selling entire sides of goat and cell phone, safari transport 4x4's, its a bit much but I like it none the less. I got here on saturday, after leaving on wednesday, sans my bag which will get here today, monday. My bank is freaking out and charging me multiple times for single transactions and I am a bit of a mosquito magnet.

Nairobi, was calmer than I anticipated. The hostel I stayed at (above) was beside itself due to the number of cancellations by people terrified of getting caught up in the sort of horrid african civil dispute we all see on television. My friend laurie said wen she passed through a day earlier there were police in riot gear.

Crossing the Kenyan/Tanzanian border was an experience. I will know next time to not spend all of my US dollars in Duty Free so as not to be 10 dollars short at Customs for my Visa.

The Giraffes that were hunted.

No comments: