07 July 2008

Harbinger of Doom?



I knew things would get odd and complex when I saw the guy across the street mowing his lawn. Not just mowing his lawn, mowing it with a weed wacker. All of it. While wearing tiny running shorts and a sweater around his shoulders.

Things making my throat a little dry:

- I am costuming a play written by the junior theatre history professor at Tulane.
-I'm still Illustrating the huge book that is part of the PhD of the senior theatre history professor at Tulane
-I've been told that I am being looked at to costume one of the first plays of the season at Southern Repertory Theatre.
-I am due to start work on my first realized set design for the son of a fantastic woman, whom I respect and admire greatly.
-I have found myself in the odd position of being involved with two people (sort of) after being with no one for so long.
-I'm trying so hard not to let my self destructive behaviour take over and ruin possibly fantastic friendships, if not relationships,
as it is so fond of doing.
-I'm being paid WAY too little for the amount of work I am doing.

All these things sold separately are easily managed. I seem to have gotten the big kids meal pandora's box though.
what can I do but try to stay the course.

Just keep swimming.
Just keep swimming.
Just keep swimming.

1 comment:

Always In Style said...

I'm not sure why but this picture just made me laugh.......