26 October 2008

Out of the woods.




Halloween is gearing up to be quite the event here in New Orleans. I am looking forward to it with severe enthusiasm as last halloween was spent studying medieval theatre for an exam that never happened. I went out last night to see Burn After Reading, which was inappropriately hi-larious (I'm not sure still how I feel about laughing as someone is attacked with a hatchet.) Afterward I wandered over to the Bourbon Pub to meet a few friends out and stumbled onto the pre-evening festivities of the Lazarus Ball revelers. Shiny Disco Balls was the theme I believe as everyone was decked out in silver.
Just enough decking out to leave about 40% to the imagination mind you. The ball is apparently some sort of nation-wide fundraiser that eats up a whole weekend with overpriced events. Even the price of Pub cover increased to 20$, I managed to duck in 5 minutes before the closing of doors though and so spent my 20 pouring liquor into my head. Then I left at midnight because even if cover is high and guys in silver grass skirts bound, the pub is the pub and is best taken in moderation.
That and really missed my bed. This weekend I plan on making up for my pumpkin-like behaviour.
I've settled on a few costume options:
1) Pirate. Bit done, but fairly easy to pull together quickly.
2) Mummy. A bit more work as will be made of layers of shredded cotton batiste and chiffon.
And really, how many mummies does anyone see out anymore. Ho-beasts excluded.
3)Josephine Baker, granted I can find enough fake bananas.

It will also be my birthday on Thursday so I need to do it up a bit pour cette raison, and to make up for last week.
I already feel better about having only to focus on set design.

Something else that makes me feel better?
A cuppa tea and a omlette au chevre on weekend mornings.

If I had enough time during the week I might split my pants.

2 comments:

May Kasahara said...

give me that breakfast.


need BACON. ♥

designerman said...

so does that mean today is your b'day? happy birthday!