18 May 2010

Graduated Cylinder

So, it appears that I have completed the mission
I set out upon three years ago when I started this
blog. I am now a Master of Fine Art.

I suppose now I get started on Volume Two of this life.
Yes?
Yes.

Ceremony 1:
Graduate and Doctorate Hooding Ceremony, Dixon Hall at Tulane



The "holding area"




Ma mere et moi


Intermission:

Theatre Graduate brunch at Court of Two Sisters in the Vieux Carré







Fête:

Wave Goodbye Party on Tulane's Academic Quad, Uptown Campus






Ceremony 2:

The Unified Tulane Comencement at the Louisiana Superdome

It began with a bit of Jazz and a Scottish march.
Speeches were given commending us on choosing to attend
a school not yet entirely recovered from one of the largest
disasters in US history. Anderson Cooper spoke and was
quite funny, instructing graduates to hookup as this was
the last time we'd see each other. The US Surgeon General
was honored and a Jazz singer sang "Do you know what it means",
inciting tears.
















1 comment:

jason said...

oh my goodness...many congratulations!!!