26 August 2007

hurricanes hardly happen





Entering Week 2.
"air" not so oppressive today. Kinda nice....-ish

I have reached that point in my stay that I realize I have no idea where 1) a grocer is, 2) where a drugstore is and 3) where I can getta decent glass or 6 of some quality Cabernet. I did see some attractive possibilities on Magazine street the other night, but we'll see more when I get Will's car. (Will being my Marine brother who is kind enough to lend me his car during his .....internment?) The closest grocer I have found is Whole Foods, also on Magazine, but I will have to take a taxi. While I can be one for some decadent luxe living....this is not the time. However, continuing to subsist on takeaway pizza and einstein bagels is becoming less and less an option.

No comments: