28 August 2007

Slight Precarious Realisation


Every so often the sky breaks apart and the devine intervenes and something unexpected and spectacular happens.
Two such events have happened today. One being rain, which makes the "air" turn into this wonderful blanket of warmth.
It was a littlehorrifyingly torrential though. Like water being poured overhead rather than drops. The second was my meeting G..
G. is an amazing local boy. One of the most spectacular personalities I have ever met. Deeply rooted in his Southern Methodist tradition and yet amazingly versitle in his sense of candor and expression. You see him, his being, and you get an abslolutly stunning and dissarming visual. And then you talk to him and it doubles, because even though he is telling you about God, and the church, he is doing it so genuinely and with no expectation of you to feel the same exact way. He restored a bit of faith in religion for me, the way that B. did for education. We had coffee and just excahnged stories, mostly of how we are aware of our spiritual natures. I did tell him that it was Madonna who woke me up to "the bigger picture." And he was ok with that.
How many fingers can I cross? All of them. And my toes.

No comments: